POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : code readability Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  code readability (Message 1 to 10 of 73)
From: Halbert
Subject: code readability
Date: 26 Jun 2008 14:11:00
Message: <4863dbb4$1@news.povray.org>
I, for one, find it much easier to read C++ code which is braced like this:

if(somecondition == 0)
{
    // do some stuff
}
else
{
    // do something else
}

As opposed to

if(somecondition == 0) {
    // do some stuff
}
else {
    // do something else
}

Why doesn't the rest of the world understand that?

From: Warp
Subject: Re: code readability
Date: 26 Jun 2008 14:16:18
Message: <4863dcf2@news.povray.org>
Halbert <hal### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Why doesn't the rest of the world understand that?

  Because Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie used the latter style in their
famous book, and because they are God, every C (and consequently C++) coder
must obey the same standard.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message