POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A young field Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  A young field (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: A young field
Date: 21 Jun 2008 15:02:21
Message: <485d503d$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> We need to start a support group for POV-Ray addicts who don't seem to
> use POV-Ray much...

...and what the heck is the off-topic group for??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 21 Jun 2008 19:09:49
Message: <slrng5r2hs.6c7.bisqwit@bisqwit.iki.fi>
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:15:31 -0700, Darren New wrote:
> No, it had >4K of RAM. It was just ROM RAM.

What's that?

--
Joel Yliluoma - http://iki.fi/bisqwit/

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 21 Jun 2008 21:42:31
Message: <485dae07$1@news.povray.org>
Joel Yliluoma wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:15:31 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>> No, it had >4K of RAM. It was just ROM RAM.
>
> What's that?

As in, being "Read-only memory" does not prevent it from being "random
access memory".  Your BIOS is stored in ROM RAM (modulo your ability to
reflash it). Your disk is not RAM, even though you can write to it.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: