POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have a laugh Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Have a laugh (Message 41 to 50 of 51)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Have a laugh
Date: 24 Jun 2008 08:15:47
Message: <4860e572@news.povray.org>
> Go and find a copy of the MIT Guide to Lock Picking.  Seriously.  It
> explains this and you learn a lot about the mechanics of mechanical locks
> from reading it.

  Every lockpicking guide I have seen talks only about pin locks. Thus
they help understanding how pin locks work, but they don't really help
understanding how other types of lock (such as disc tumbler locks) do.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:15:47 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> Go and find a copy of the MIT Guide to Lock Picking.  Seriously.  It
>> explains this and you learn a lot about the mechanics of mechanical
>> locks from reading it.
>
>   Every lockpicking guide I have seen talks only about pin locks. Thus
> they help understanding how pin locks work, but they don't really help
> understanding how other types of lock (such as disc tumbler locks) do.

But for Andy's points, he's dealing with a pin lock, so it would be an
appropriate reference.

Jim

Post a reply to this message