POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Imprisoned Oak Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Imprisoned Oak (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Imprisoned Oak
Date: 6 Jun 2008 14:36:46
Message: <484983be$1@news.povray.org>
>> And except when the Sun is exactly overhead, little sunlight
>> shines directly onto it.
>
>   That's an exaggeration.

Well, the picture doesn't really show it, but the cylinder is quite
tall, so there's little direct illumination at the very bottom except
for a narrow range of Sun angles.

Of course, the marble is quite light in colour, so there's plenty of
ambient light... I'm not sure how fussy Oak is about this sort of thing.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/