POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good Cookie Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Good Cookie (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: Good Cookie
Date: 19 May 2008 13:00:22
Message: <4831b226@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> And lo on Mon, 19 May 2008 12:57:56 +0100, Jim Holsenback
> <jho### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:
>
>> This recipe makes two dozen GOOD cookies.
>
> But I wanted EVIL cookies :-P

add a sprinkle of hemlock? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 19 May 2008 21:58:19
Message: <48323066.1020503@hotmail.com>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>> is there such a thing an imperial cup?
>
> haha .... should have googled imperial cup before my reply ..... it comes
> back with a wiki-pedia entry. So I guess my units are imperial cup!

Ok, so the japanese have the smallest cup size. That makes sense. But
why is the US cup size smaller than in the UK?

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 19 May 2008 22:01:28
Message: <48323124.8070700@hotmail.com>
Invisible wrote:
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>
>> haha .... should have googled imperial cup before my reply ..... it
>> comes back with a wiki-pedia entry. So I guess my units are imperial cup!
>
> True story:
>
> My mum bought one of those bread maker machines. (Why?) You know the
> kind - you dump some flour and water and stuff into it, press a button
> like it's a washing machine, and a few hours later it has delicious
> fresh bread inside it.
>
> Except when my mum first tried to work it for herself, all it produced
> was a blackened little biscuit at the bottom. She couldn't figure out
> what on earth the problem could be. So I had to diagnose it. [Obviously
> I'm good with computers, so I'd know all about baking bread. Wait... WTF??]

Because like in every modern machine there is a microprocessor inside.
Obviously there was a bug in the program.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 20 May 2008 02:41:19
Message: <ojs434d8aqj5vnnn6e21ppfj0hrsicl3dh@4ax.com>
On Tue, 20 May 2008 03:59:02 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Ok, so the japanese have the smallest cup size. That makes sense. But
>why is the US cup size smaller than in the UK?

It could be because America has 16 fluid ounces to a pint whereas in
the UK there are 20 fluid ounces to a pint.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 20 May 2008 04:08:15
Message: <483286ef@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> Because like in every modern machine there is a microprocessor inside.
> Obviously there was a bug in the program.

Actually, it turns out it was a wetware error...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 20 May 2008 04:26:55
Message: <op.ubf1q0m4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 19 May 2008 18:00:25 +0100, Jim Holsenback
<jho### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>> And lo on Mon, 19 May 2008 12:57:56 +0100, Jim Holsenback
>> <jho### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:
>>
>>> This recipe makes two dozen GOOD cookies.
>>
>> But I wanted EVIL cookies :-P
>
> add a sprinkle of hemlock? ;-)

I'll just strap some lasers to them... I know I know I'm sorry way too
overused.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 20 May 2008 12:37:23
Message: <4832fe43@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>>> is there such a thing an imperial cup?
>>
>> haha .... should have googled imperial cup before my reply ..... it comes
>> back with a wiki-pedia entry. So I guess my units are imperial cup!
>>
> Ok, so the japanese have the smallest cup size. That makes sense. But
> why is the US cup size smaller than in the UK?

What cup size are we talking about here? :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 21 May 2008 14:27:04
Message: <48346978$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Actually, it turns out it was a wetware error...

A POBCAK problem.  (Problem Occurs Between Chair And Keyboard)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Darren New
Date: 21 May 2008 14:28:08
Message: <483469b8$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> Only install even numbered service packs ;-)

I thought that was "Only watch even-numbered Star Trek movies"?

From: Kyle
Date: 22 May 2008 07:51:14
Message: <efna34ddit9sq0idg6c7eqkbk5clgm76d0@4ax.com>
On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:26:50 +0100, "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk>
wrote:

>I'll just strap some lasers to them... I know I know I'm sorry way too
>overused.

It may be overused, but it still gets a giggle from me.  :)

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>