POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small puzzle Server Time
8 Sep 2024 07:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  A small puzzle (Message 109 to 118 of 198)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: A small puzzle
Date: 22 May 2008 10:40:11
Message: <op.ubj8c5a4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 21 May 2008 23:03:17 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On 21 May 2008 17:29:47 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
> We spell litre, l-i-t-r-e and metre m-e-t-r-e unless it is a gas meter
> then we spell it m-e-t-e-r. And that goes to the centre of the
> argument :P

That's so we can have a meter that measures in metres and not get
ourselves confused.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 22 May 2008 17:48:37
Message: <4835ea35@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Mils are only used in measuring things like the thickness of paper or
> cloth;

It is also used when designing printed circuit boards.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 May 2008 18:22:46
Message: <4835f236$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 May 2008 13:48:11 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 21 May 2008 19:04:55 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>Is that weigh a pound, or cost a pound? ;-)
>
> You would not believe the cost of water here, if you buy it in a bottle.
> Not funny :(

I bet I would.....bottled water here isn't exactly cheap either....

Jim

Post a reply to this message