POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bombed! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Bombed! (Message 10 to 19 of 29)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Bombed!
Date: 15 May 2008 10:13:40
Message: <482c4514@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>  Yep, I think you're right. I've checked quite a few of them just now, and
> every one I opened has our works email address in the 'from' field. That's
> funny because our main competitors are now operating from China, and these
> are coming from China. Hmm...
>
>    ~Steve~

Time for your sysadmins to do some real work, methinks

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 May 2008 10:27:15
Message: <482c4843$1@news.povray.org>

482c1e12@news.povray.org...
> Wow! Anyone else just get bombed with a stack of those 'postmaster' type
> emails?? See attached. This happened about a week go too when I had over a
> 1000 in the space of a few hours.  :o(

It's called backscatter spam, it has been on the rise lately.
http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1698505531;fp;16;fpid;1

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 15 May 2008 10:51:20
Message: <482c4de8@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

> 482c1e12@news.povray.org...
>> Wow! Anyone else just get bombed with a stack of those 'postmaster' type
>> emails?? See attached. This happened about a week go too when I had over
>> a 1000 in the space of a few hours.  :o(
>
> It's called backscatter spam, it has been on the rise lately.
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1698505531;fp;16;fpid;1

     Thanks Gilles, it's definately that. I pity the guy that got 10,000 a
second! I'm up to 2440 now.

      ~Steve~

> G.

Post a reply to this message

> On Thu, 15 May 2008 13:46:54 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>>Yep, I think you're right. I've checked quite a few of them just now, and
>>every one I opened has our works email address in the 'from' field. That's
>>funny because our main competitors are now operating from China, and these
>>are coming from China. Hmm...
>
> Hmm! indeed!

     Heh, well, I doubt if it is them in any way, but you never know! (He's
the type that would if he could though).

        ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"Doctor John" <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>>
>>  Yep, I think you're right. I've checked quite a few of them just now,
>> and
>> every one I opened has our works email address in the 'from' field.
>> That's
>> funny because our main competitors are now operating from China, and
>> these
>> are coming from China. Hmm...
>>
>>    ~Steve~
>
> Time for your sysadmins to do some real work, methinks

   Heh, I *am* the sysadmin! (I think...)  ;)

     ~Steve~

> John
>
> --
> I will be brief but not nearly so brief as Salvador Dali, who gave the
> world's shortest speech. He said, "I will be so brief I am already
> finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 15 May 2008 15:48:47 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>     Heh, well, I doubt if it is them in any way, but you never know! (He's
>the type that would if he could though).

LOL Good
--

Regards
     Stephen