POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The worst DVD cover ever Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  The worst DVD cover ever (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: The worst DVD cover ever
Date: 10 May 2008 16:48:18
Message: <48260a12$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I nominate this for the worst DVD cover ever created:
>
> http://www.axelmusic.com/resources/covers/0/025192126420.jpg
>
>   It's a *real* commercial DVD cover, not someone's mockup. I just can't
> stop laughing when I look at it.

There are so many things wrong with that image, it's beyond funny, it's
tragic.

The first movie was good. Good actors, decent directing, etc. The second
movie shouldn't have been made until they could afford Kevin Bacon. If
they could afford him, they might have been able to afford some other
things, not the least of which would have been a better plot. (or at
least a better execution of it). To make a third and fourth is just
inviting trouble. If they are good, then maybe the second can be
forgotton and buried, and the latter ones renumbered.

Sam

P.S. The first movie gave me many tense dreams after watching it. The
idea of man-eating worms under the ground is somewhat unsettling.

Post a reply to this message

> I nominate this for the worst DVD cover ever created:
>
> http://www.axelmusic.com/resources/covers/0/025192126420.jpg
>
>   It's a *real* commercial DVD cover, not someone's mockup. I just can't
> stop laughing when I look at it.

#declare Redneck_mode=on;

FWIW, I'm more metrosexual than Michael Gross.  But an additional way in which
this doesn't work is that the poster attempts to put a type-cast actor like
Michael Gross as an earthy, rugged, good ol' boy.

#declare Redneck_mode=off;

Post a reply to this message

>   I nominate this for the worst DVD cover ever created:
>
> http://www.axelmusic.com/resources/covers/0/025192126420.jpg
>
>   It's a *real* commercial DVD cover, not someone's mockup. I just can't
> stop laughing when I look at it.

It's certainly the worst I've ever seen. I'm unlikely ever to sample its
contents.

Post a reply to this message