POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Regular Expression comment Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Regular Expression comment (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Darren New
Subject: Regular Expression comment
Date: 1 May 2008 11:43:12
Message: <4819e510$1@news.povray.org>
... seen on another newsgroup:

"You have to admit that when the documentation of a feature in your
regular expression engine is more difficult to read than the regular
expression you're documenting, you've probably done something wrong."

Thought Andrew might be amused...

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

> "You have to admit that when the documentation of a feature in your
> regular expression engine is more difficult to read than the regular
> expression you're documenting, you've probably done something wrong."

Well said.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 01 May 2008 08:43:12 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> ... seen on another newsgroup:
>
> "You have to admit that when the documentation of a feature in your
> regular expression engine is more difficult to read than the regular
> expression you're documenting, you've probably done something wrong."
>
> Thought Andrew might be amused...

Good one. :-)

Jim