POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I promised not to mock ... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  I promised not to mock ... (Message 29 to 38 of 38)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: I promised not to mock ...
Date: 29 Apr 2008 13:19:47
Message: <481758b3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   IMO it should be against the law to allow people to code without the
> proper training, expertise and qualification tests... :P

No argument here...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: scott
Date: 30 Apr 2008 05:02:03
Message: <4818358b$1@news.povray.org>
>>   IMO it should be against the law to allow people to code without the
>> proper training, expertise and qualification tests... :P
>
> No argument here...

Not until software prices go up as a result...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 30 Apr 2008 10:05:16
Message: <48187c9c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>>   IMO it should be against the law to allow people to code without the
>>> proper training, expertise and qualification tests... :P
>>
>> No argument here...
>
> Not until software prices go up as a result...

Well, let's face it, certain people *already* charge arms and legs for
their software. If that software was actually good quality, I wouldn't
mind the price so much...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Well, let's face it, certain people *already* charge arms and legs for
> their software. If that software was actually good quality, I wouldn't
> mind the price so much...

Photoshop ....

But Photoshop is good quality. Well worth the money spent.

Post a reply to this message

> >> No argument here...
> >
> > Not until software prices go up as a result...
>
> Well, let's face it, certain people *already* charge arms and legs for
> their software. If that software was actually good quality, I wouldn't
> mind the price so much...

That describes half the vendor stuff I have to deal with. Overpriced and
crap at the same time.

Post a reply to this message