POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STRESS! Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  STRESS! (Message 51 to 60 of 106)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: STRESS!
Date: 25 Apr 2008 15:34:28
Message: <48123244@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> With great responsibility comes great power
>
>   Wasn't it the other way around?-)

... or words to that effect.  :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Apr 2008 15:36:22
Message: <481232b6@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>> Well as you both know, it *should* be that the two come together - you
>> are held responsible for that which you actually have power over. But -
>> as I'm sure you're also both aware - this is sadly not always the case...
>
>   You mean sometimes you are held responsible for things which are not
> under your control at all?

Yes.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Apr 2008 15:37:54
Message: <48123312$1@news.povray.org>
>> as I'm sure you're also both aware - this is sadly not always the case...
>
> You could make it the case, tho. You *do* know the password that changes
> passwords.

And *they* know the Enterprise Administrator password that trumps all
other passwords in the Active Directory forest. Not to mention that, as
my direct superiors, they have the power to order me to do things. [Such
as, say, HAND OVER THE PASSWORDS.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/