POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reverse words Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Reverse words (Message 44 to 53 of 53)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Reverse words
Date: 24 Apr 2008 18:15:33
Message: <48110685$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:25:20 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Warp wrote:
>
>>   ... people just don't have a sense of humor, sheesh?-)
>
> Maybe we should add a new NNTP error code?
>
> 673 Error In Humour Implementation

673 is an eDirectory error, it means ... wow, I have to look it up (I
used to know them all from memory; 672 I could tell you, but not 673....)

Ah here it is..."Replica not on".  That means that the replica - either
while being added or deleted - has not completed the partition operation,
and the state is not "On" - it's either "Dead", "Dying", or one of the
other intermediate replica states ("Add state 0", "Add state 1", etc.).

If there's a communications error, particularly in communicating with the
master replica, that would cause this type of error to occur when
performing an operation that requires the replica be in an "On" state.

So we could possibly tie this back to someone not having a sense of
humour from the standpoint of "what we have here is a failure to
communicate".

I guess this error would work after all. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message