POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the hell...? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  What the hell...? (Message 12 to 21 of 71)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: What the hell...?
Date: 25 Mar 2008 08:26:23
Message: <47e8fd7f@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

> "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
> > Warp wrote:
> >
> >>   You get extra nerd points for the glasses with a stronger magnification
> >> than an average magnifying glass. ;)
> >
> > ...would you believe me if I told you that when I take them off, I'm
> > virtually blind?

>   I believe you, I'm the same. It's not nice.  :o/

  Ever considered LASIK?

  It's expensive and not 100% risk-free (no surgery is), but the risks are
rather small and the results rather effective.

  I had glasses, and then LASIK. I haven't regretted it in the slightest.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On 25 Mar 2008 08:26:23 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>> "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message

>> > ...would you believe me if I told you that when I take them off, I'm
>> > virtually blind?
>
>>   I believe you, I'm the same. It's not nice.  :o/
>
>  Ever considered LASIK?
>
>  It's expensive and not 100% risk-free (no surgery is), but the risks are
>rather small and the results rather effective.
>
>  I had glasses, and then LASIK. I haven't regretted it in the slightest.

I did about seven or eight years ago, I went to a pilot study that
Moorefield's Eye hospital was running. I decided against it because I
did not want to lose my short distance vision. I've reached that age
where I'm getting more longsighted and would need reading glasses for
close up work. It might not be the best thing for a jeweller IMHO
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message