POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft may have done something right... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Microsoft may have done something right... (Message 41 to 44 of 44)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Microsoft may have done something right...
Date: 26 Mar 2008 11:42:59
Message: <47ea7d13$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> My take on it is that BASIC [the *original* language]

aka "Dartmouth BASIC".  Just so's ya know. :-)

> As to whether modularity is orthogonal or not... I hadn't really thought
> about it.

It's orthogonal, but usually modular programming languages are
structured. Structured programming is sort of like modular programming
in the small - you know this is a while loop and you don't really need
to look inside unless you need the details, because control flow won't
enter or leave it.  Modular programming is sort of structured
programming for data. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"