POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hint for the day... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Hint for the day... (Message 1 to 10 of 54)
From: Darren New
Subject: Hint for the day...
Date: 19 Mar 2008 23:31:14
Message: <47e1e892$1@news.povray.org>
Do not uninstall your DVD device driver in Windows while you are in the
process of burning a DVD.  It makes Windows ... sad. Or should I say, blue?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Hint for the day...
Date: 20 Mar 2008 00:35:00
Message: <web.47e1f69ce7de57521034fcd80@news.povray.org>
> Do not uninstall your DVD device driver in Windows while you are in the
> process of burning a DVD.  It makes Windows ... sad. Or should I say, blue?

you know, I enjoy bashing Windows as much as the next guy, but this was really
awful...

Why in hell would anyone do that anyway?!

Post a reply to this message

> Do not uninstall your DVD device driver in Windows while you are in the
> process of burning a DVD.

  Why would anyone even want to do that? (In fact, why would anyone want
to uninstall the DVD device driver at all, regardless of the situation?)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Do not uninstall your DVD device driver in Windows while you are in the
> process of burning a DVD.  It makes Windows ... sad. Or should I say, blue?

What kind of DVD drive requires a specific device driver?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/