POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Slipstreaming XP updates Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Slipstreaming XP updates (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Slipstreaming XP updates
Date: 13 Mar 2008 15:47:40
Message: <47d992ec$1@news.povray.org>
I am not a M$ lover and I only use it when forced to (Flight sims and
Alien Crossfire) so apologies if this is a stupid question.
I know it's possible to slipstream XP and sp2 if you don't have an XP
SP2 disc but is it possible to then slipstream the necessary updates so
that you don't have to sit waiting M$ update site to decide that "yes,
this is an install from an old disc and if you bear with us we'll find
the relevant updates and let you have them just as soon as we've
finished our coffee break"
If it is possible how's it done?

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

> I am not a M$ lover and I only use it when forced to (Flight sims and
> Alien Crossfire) so apologies if this is a stupid question.
> I know it's possible to slipstream XP and sp2 if you don't have an XP
> SP2 disc but is it possible to then slipstream the necessary updates so
> that you don't have to sit waiting M$ update site to decide that "yes,
> this is an install from an old disc and if you bear with us we'll find
> the relevant updates and let you have them just as soon as we've
> finished our coffee break"
> If it is possible how's it done?

I have no idea how, but it's definitely possible.

Torrent sites sometimes have (obviously illegal) CDs for download with
for example Windows XP SP2 with all security updates to date, WinRAR
preinstalled, some security software preinstalled, some Windows service
completely removed, etc. That's some heavy installer modifications they
do...

Post a reply to this message