POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Upgraded to Windows Vista, now video editing software is dead ... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Upgraded to Windows Vista, now video editing software is dead ... (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Upgraded to Windows Vista, now video editing software is dead ...
Date: 11 Mar 2008 07:21:55
Message: <47d67963$1@news.povray.org>
OK,

My vista upgrade to my home computer hasn't been as smooth as the
upgrade adviser has lead me to believe. I've had to replace a couple of
important software packages, and have had to replace one piece of hardware.

Now, I've been asked to string together some video for a project my
wife's school is working on, and I go to fire up my trusty Media Studio
Pro. Crash just as it's opening, and all sorts of warnings about the
program being incompatible. No combination of compatibility options
seems to work. Grr, OK.

I think I'll move to Premiere Elements. From the looks of the
screenshots on version 4, I'll be losing very little moving from a $400
package, to a $100 package. I've been very happy with just about every
other Adobe package out there, and if it's relationship to Premiere CS3
is anything like Photoshop's respective packages, I really shouldn't be
losing much, maybe a few of the more advanced video editing features,
but it looks to be fairly feature-rich. All I really need is to produce
proper files for DVD authoring, Titling (graphical, and basic), and
maybe moving paths for some "slide show" type productions that I do from
time to time.

Post a reply to this message

> My vista upgrade to my home computer hasn't been as smooth as the
> upgrade adviser has lead me to believe. I've had to replace a couple of
> important software packages, and have had to replace one piece of hardware.
>
> Now, I've been asked to string together some video for a project my
> wife's school is working on, and I go to fire up my trusty Media Studio
> Pro. Crash just as it's opening, and all sorts of warnings about the
> program being incompatible. No combination of compatibility options
> seems to work. Grr, OK.
>
> I think I'll move to Premiere Elements. From the looks of the
> screenshots on version 4, I'll be losing very little moving from a $400
> package, to a $100 package. I've been very happy with just about every
> other Adobe package out there, and if it's relationship to Premiere CS3
> is anything like Photoshop's respective packages, I really shouldn't be
> losing much, maybe a few of the more advanced video editing features,
> but it looks to be fairly feature-rich. All I really need is to produce
> proper files for DVD authoring, Titling (graphical, and basic), and
> maybe moving paths for some "slide show" type productions that I do from
> time to time.

Oh, yeah, my question was:

Does anyone have any experience with Premiere elements? How do you like
it? Is there anything the pro version does that would make it worthwhile
to spend extra on the pro version?

Post a reply to this message