POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old photographs Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Old photographs (Message 6 to 15 of 35)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Old photographs
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:21:05
Message: <47d2e721@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >   The amount of interesting detail in this photo is staggering.

> I bet they spent *years* modeling it :)

  Yeah. 1:1 scale models. ;)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:46:00
Message: <47d2ecf8@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>     Ok, I missed the caption, but looking at all the females there, yes,
> they all have short hair styled like a man's, except for the blond girl to
> the right behind the boy holding the gun. Is that another girl possibly
> sitting on a chair?

  "Levicy Emma Hatfield (daughter of Cap)", says the caption.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 8 Mar 2008 15:05:12
Message: <47d2f178$1@news.povray.org>

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/HatfieldClan.jpg

      Look at the Dovetails on that wooden structure behind them.

      Brilliant! Ask a carpenter to copy that now, (in that scale) and he'll
give you a competitive quote... ;)

       ~Steve~

>                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   The amount of interesting detail in this photo is staggering.
>> I bet they spent *years* modeling it :)
>   Yeah. 1:1 scale models. ;)

LOL.  Standing in a Cornell box?

--