POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD solves my life Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  XKCD solves my life (Message 41 to 45 of 45)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: XKCD solves my life
Date: 6 Mar 2008 11:24:43
Message: <47d01acb$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>>> I want to shoot every idiot who mixes up 'of' and 'have'. How the
>>> hell can you confuse those??? I mean in cases like "I could of done
>>> it". WTF
>>
>> Because "have" is often shortened, especially in speech but even in
>> writing "i could've gone home".  To the ear it sounds like "of"
>> instead of "have". So it's not surprising it gets written this way
>> sometimes.
>
> Thanks. But knowing the reasons/excuses doesn't make me stop wanting to
> shoot them.

Indeed. OTOH, if you shoot them, they'll never learn. Except maybe by
some bizarre natural selection process.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 6 Mar 2008 12:36:42
Message: <osa0t3d4pned0upau3nmq01kcqaqs6d12d@4ax.com>
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:27:33 +0000, Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Indeed. OTOH, if you shoot them, they'll never learn. Except maybe by
>some bizarre natural selection process.

But they might learn for their next life. :-)

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message