POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small project Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  A small project (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: A small project
Date: 4 Mar 2008 06:10:31
Message: <47cd2e27$1@news.povray.org>
I want to write a small program that will display a status icon in the
system tray and pop up small messages in the corner of the screen. [It
is critical that these do *not* take the input focus. Can you imagine
how *annoying* that would be?]

Any suggestions as to how to pull this off? Personally I don't know of a
programming language that makes it easy to do this kind of thing.

[Obviously everything is possible in C, if you can figure out your way
around the low-level Win32 API... But that doesn't sound like my idea of
a good time.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I want to write a small program that will display a status icon in the
> system tray and pop up small messages in the corner of the screen. [It
> is critical that these do *not* take the input focus. Can you imagine
> how *annoying* that would be?]
>
> Any suggestions as to how to pull this off? Personally I don't know of a
> programming language that makes it easy to do this kind of thing.
>
> [Obviously everything is possible in C, if you can figure out your way
> around the low-level Win32 API... But that doesn't sound like my idea of
> a good time.]

Check out the "Shell_NotifyIcon" function from shell32.dll.

Details on the msdn here:

And I'm sure lots of other results from google.

Post a reply to this message