POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Help! (sound riddle - geocaching) Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Help! (sound riddle - geocaching) (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Help! (sound riddle - geocaching)
Date: 3 Mar 2008 02:39:00
Message: <47cbab14@news.povray.org>
>> That's interesting. How did you generate that? The only thing I managed
>> to do was a FFT (attached).

I just dumped it into a sound editor... nothing fancy.

Post a reply to this message

From: M a r c
Date: 3 Mar 2008 05:58:03
Message: <47cbd9bb@news.povray.org>

47cab446@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
>
> ok, this is reaaaallly off-topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Does
> anybody have a clue what this signal might be?
> http://www.kalchreuter.de/geocaching/asd.wav
>
> It is a riddle for a geocache (here:
> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC18WAP), and I'm out
> of ideas. The page says that the signal is used for purposes other than
> intended, in this case there should be geo-coordinates in it somehow.
>
> I'm thankful for any pointers.
>
> Manuel

Isn't it a radio beacon signal?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 3 Mar 2008 06:02:44
Message: <47cbdad4$1@news.povray.org>
> ok, this is reaaaallly off-topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Does
> anybody have a clue what this signal might be?
> http://www.kalchreuter.de/geocaching/asd.wav
>
> It is a riddle for a geocache (here:
> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC18WAP), and I'm out
> of ideas. The page says that the signal is used for purposes other than
> intended, in this case there should be geo-coordinates in it somehow.

Do you have any information on which region of the world it is likely to be
in?

Post a reply to this message

From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 3 Mar 2008 07:28:04
Message: <47cbeed4$1@news.povray.org>
scott schrieb:
>> ok, this is reaaaallly off-topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Does
>> anybody have a clue what this signal might be?
>> http://www.kalchreuter.de/geocaching/asd.wav
>>
>> It is a riddle for a geocache (here:
>> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC18WAP), and I'm
>> out of ideas. The page says that the signal is used for purposes other
>> than intended, in this case there should be geo-coordinates in it
>> somehow.
>
> Do you have any information on which region of the world it is likely to
> be in?

Yes, sorry. Were looking for coordinates in the form

Wiesbaden in Germany.

Manuel

Post a reply to this message

>>> That's interesting. How did you generate that? The only thing I managed
>>> to do was a FFT (attached).
>
> I just dumped it into a sound editor... nothing fancy.

Well, then I guess your editor might be confused by the low samplerate?
Because one of our editors has to be wrong.

Manuel

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'geo_sound.jpg' (56 KB)