POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreams Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Dreams (Message 41 to 50 of 89)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Dreams
Date: 28 Feb 2008 00:20:27
Message: <47c6449b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Oh, and in other news, apparently there was an earth quake last night...

Probably 'shopped, but amusing nonetheless

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/13/1204118301/etchasketchquake.jpg

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 28 Feb 2008 02:04:12
Message: <slrnfscn7c.b0e.bisqwit@bisqwit.iki.fi>
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:48:35 -0800, Darren New wrote:
> English has an expression "you come from the wrong side of the tracks",
> i.e., you grew up in the poor neighborhood close to the noisy railroad
> tracks, unlike us rich snobby folks.
>
> You don't even need to be particularly close to the tracks. I was in a
> dorm room in university about two blocks away, and when the train with 4
> locomotives pulling 450 cars behind it hit the horn, it set off the car
> alarms for like 3 blocks.

I lived my childhood in a vicinity of the railroads, and I grew fond of
the sound of trains, and of the railroad announcements. It took me a long
time to forget how I missed those sounds when I moved.

--
Joel Yliluoma - http://iki.fi/bisqwit/

Post a reply to this message