POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey Andrew... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Hey Andrew... (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Hey Andrew...
Date: 28 Feb 2008 11:42:40
Message: <47c6e480$1@news.povray.org>
KalleK wrote:
>> You might also look at mon - http://freshmeat.net/projects/mon/ - I've
>> used this before and it has a lot of flexibility beyond a ping test
>> (though ping test is something it can do as well).
>
> .... and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagios
>
> me beeing in link-post-mode

Thank you. I'll keep it in mind for my next project. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Feb 2008 16:08:07
Message: <47c722b7$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:13:27 +0100, KalleK wrote:

>> You might also look at mon - http://freshmeat.net/projects/mon/ - I've
>> used this before and it has a lot of flexibility beyond a ping test
>> (though ping test is something it can do as well).
>
> ... and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagios
>
> me beeing in link-post-mode

Yeah, that's another popular one.  I need to take some time and figure it
out.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 28 Feb 2008 16:24:15
Message: <47c7267f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Excellent! Thanks!  I'll see if I can get it working under Linux, then
> maybe even incorporate it into the monitoring subsystem of the setup.

Hmm, have you checked out Smokeping already?

http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

> Hmm, have you checked out Smokeping already?
> http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/

That looks handy too!  I think I'll try that one first, and just watch
it for a couple weeks between all the server clusters. I should be able
to correlate it with handshake failures.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"
          "It's the Age of Channelwood."

> That looks handy too!  I think I'll try that one first, and just watch
> it for a couple weeks between all the server clusters. I should be able
> to correlate it with handshake failures.

Heh, yeah. At *n?x -world there usually is already n+5 tools for the job
one'd think he needs to write a new one :).