POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Toshiba T-1850 news update Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Toshiba T-1850 news update (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Toshiba T-1850 news update
Date: 25 Feb 2008 09:44:41
Message: <47c2d459$2@news.povray.org>
Good news and not so good news
:-) I've had the machine running DOS 6.22 on the floppy drive. Its slow
but thats the nature of the beast. I'm now building a Linux boot disk so
I can check out its performance using kernel 2.6.22. Just in case, I've
also got 2.2 source code ready. Only problem is that neither of my Linux
boxes has a floppy drive to write the thing. I guess I'll have to use
rawrite.exe on the spare machine at work.

:-( The hard disk stubbornly refuses to allow fdisk to write a new MBR
and format reports only 19 sectors available (or some such figure). It
may be that the disk is dying even though BIOS reports an 80 MB disk. Of
course it could just be a borken fdisk. I'll find out when I've got an
intelligent OS running on it.

As usual, any tips and hints will be very welcome.

John
BTW I refuse to enter into discussion re: Chelsea/Spurs :-(
finished," then he sat down.