POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A request for Phil Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  A request for Phil (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Invisible
Subject: A request for Phil
Date: 22 Feb 2008 10:42:57
Message: <47beed81$1@news.povray.org>
In the style of XKCD:

http://www.xkcd.com/360/

Phil, if you're listening... Watch an episode of Ben Fogey's Extreme
Dreams, and tell me what you think of it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: A request for Phil
Date: 22 Feb 2008 11:04:45
Message: <op.t6xn6akqc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:42:55 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> In the style of XKCD:
>
> http://www.xkcd.com/360/
>
> Phil, if you're listening... Watch an episode of Ben Fogey's Extreme
> Dreams, and tell me what you think of it.

I presume that's Ben Fogle's Extreme Dreams on BBC2 tonight at 6.30; I'll
set the box. I did catch a VO trailer and came back with a witty
rejoinder... sigh can't recall what it was now.

"Ben Fogle was born in 1973, the son of actress Julia Foster and broadcast
vet Bruce Fogle. Educated at Bryanston School in Dorset Ben went on to
study Latin American Studies at the University of Costa Rica and
University of Portsmouth, where Ben enrolled as an Officer in the Royal
Naval Reserve, as a Midshipman.

Ben spent several years in Latin America, working on a turtle conservation
project on the Mosquito coast of Honduras and working in an orphanage in
Ecuador."

Astonishing how you never get -

'Ben Fogle was born in 1973, the son of waitress Julia Foster and dustman
Bruce Fogle. Educated at Underfunded Comp in Dorset Ben went on to study
advanced shelf stacking at Tesco and Asda, he then enrolled as a private
in the Royal Naval Reserve, as poop deck-washer.

Ben then spent several more years in England, working as a deckchair
attendent on the beach at Blackpool and working night-shift as a security
guard at a B&Q warehouse. Unsurprisingly he can't just bog off for months
at a time to fulfill his childhood dream of climbing Mount Roraima in
Venezuela and has never been offered a BBC contract to delve through the
rainforest in Guyana'

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com