POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition (Message 11 to 20 of 135)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: My Experience with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
Date: 12 Feb 2008 05:06:45
Message: <47b16fb5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Name two other for-profit software companies that encourage you to use
> the competitors' software when you try out theirs for free?

Here's a better one: Name two other software companies [that anybody has
heard of]. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Feb 2008 06:53:57
Message: <47b188d5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> yeah, and besides it would work against M$ policy of pushing their own
>> standards
>> (DirectX) rather than work together with the rest of the industry
>
> Yep. Welcome to for-profit software companies.
>
> Name two other for-profit software companies that encourage you to use
> the competitors' software when you try out theirs for free?

The MS Platform SDK does include the OpenGL headers, however. MS are
obviously not too worried about promoting competing products.

Post a reply to this message