POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  CD collection (Message 31 to 40 of 166)
From: s  cinar
Subject: Re: CD collection
Date: 8 Feb 2008 13:24:01
Message: <47ac9e41$1@news.povray.org>
news:47ac56be@news.povray.org...
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> >    "In 2005, music sales in the UK fell by 5%. Music piracy represents a
> > significant global problem."

>   That's quite an amusing sentence since it contains so many non-sequitur
> fallacies.

I don't think it's meant to be a logical deduction (it's *two separate*
sentences), just statement of some facts.

That said, saying that sales would have declined anyway even if hundereds of
millions of teenagers were not pirating music over the internet is, well,
nonsense. Did piracy reduce sales? Sure. Was piracy avoidable in the
Internet age? No, not with the current structure of the internet anyway. It
seems inevitable to me that things will have to change, for better or worse.

Post a reply to this message