POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  CD collection (Message 141 to 150 of 166)
From: scott
Subject: Re: CD collection
Date: 11 Feb 2008 03:37:27
Message: <47b00947$1@news.povray.org>
> More precisely: The encryption *must* be removed in order to *play* the
> music. Therefore, this encryption must be trivially breakable,

Read the first post in this thread, which explains the basics of encryption
on HD movie discs:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=122363

Now tell me (and everyone on that forum) that it's trivial to break :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 11 Feb 2008 03:50:27
Message: <47b00c53$1@news.povray.org>
> For someone with the skills, extracting the necessary keys has become
> fairly trivial.  How long did it take for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray DVD
> encryption to be "broken"?

Exactly, and it hasn't even been properly "broken" in the sense Andrew
means.

Post a reply to this message