POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Subject: Re: xkcd - It's a sad, sad thing
Date: 8 Feb 2008 13:04:55
Message: <op.t57wig2k7bxctx@e6600.bredbandsbolaget.se>
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:52:35 +0100, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> Someone called "BSLSK05" comes along, and gives a :) which kills the
>> stick dude.  The last frame shows some reptile at the other computer.
>> If you make the connection between the username, killing by staring,
>> and the reptile then you "get" the cartoon.
>
> only if you know Harry Potter mythos...

Basilisks in literature predate Harry Potter by several millenia.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Feb 2008 13:05:48
Message: <47ac99fc@news.povray.org>

> "scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> Someone called "BSLSK05" comes along, and gives a :) which kills the stick
>> dude.  The last frame shows some reptile at the other computer.  If you make
>> the connection between the username, killing by staring, and the reptile
>> then you "get" the cartoon.
>
> only if you know Harry Potter mythos...

What does Harry Potter have to do with this?

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 8 Feb 2008 13:20:00
Message: <web.47ac9cd7db8192a3c2a1486d0@news.povray.org>
"Fredrik Eriksson" <fe79}--at--{yahoo}--dot--{com> wrote:
> Basilisks in literature predate Harry Potter by several millenia.

certainly never been as wildly popular as dragons, centaurs, sphinx, elves or
whatnot because I've never heard of them.  Though if they are snakes, Medusa
should be their queen?

Post a reply to this message