POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Groundhog day Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Groundhog day (Message 11 to 20 of 52)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Groundhog day
Date: 4 Feb 2008 08:38:18
Message: <47a7154a$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Groundhog day.

Again? :D Maybe I'll just drag the toaster in the bathtub ...

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 4 Feb 2008 09:00:04
Message: <web.47a719b3b9e9725cfba9d8b70@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> > I like the movie.
>
> I was beginning to think I was the only one... No one I've known seems
> to like the movie in the least. I quite enjoyed it.

oh, no, you're quite wrong!  The movie is something of a cult classic by its
own. My father, which is not a Hollywood-digger, enjoyed the movie very, very
much.  And we're both brazilians, which is to say Groundhog day meant squat to
us.  I believe it's because of the larger message of self-discovery and
self-improvement in the movie, which is quite universal.

In the "making-of" which accompanies the DVD, the director and cast became
surprised with its popularity and said many people from different faiths
expressed the movie has some spiritual quality about it.  Was the time-warp a
work of God?  Has Phil dropped in some kind of wormhole?  The movie never says
it and that makes it more universal to the viewer...

I think it's one of the best movies to come out of Hollywood in the 90's... a
true shiny, little gem.

Post a reply to this message

> Again? :D Maybe I'll just drag the toaster in the bathtub ...

Please post the results on YouTube.

Oh, wait...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/