POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Creepypasta Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Creepypasta (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Creepypasta
Date: 31 Jan 2008 15:11:45
Message: <47a22b81$1@news.povray.org>
Coffins used to be built with holes in them, attached to six feet of
copper tubing and a bell. The tubing would allow air for victims buried
under the mistaken impression they were dead. Harold, the Oakdale
gravedigger, upon hearing a bell, went to go see if it was children
pretending to be spirits. Sometimes it was also the wind. This time it
wasn’t either. A voice from below begged, pleaded to be unburied. “You
Sarah O’Bannon?” Yes! the voice assured.
“You were born on September 17, 1827?”
"Yes!"
“The gravestone here says you died on February 19?”
"No I'm alive, it was a mistake! Dig me up, set me free!"

“Sorry about this, ma’am,” Harold said, stepping on the bell to silence
it and plugging up the copper tube with dirt. “But this is August.
Whatever you is down there, you ain’t alive no more, and you ain’t
comin’ up.”

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com