POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection (Message 232 to 241 of 241)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Music selection
Date: 13 Feb 2008 17:53:17
Message: <47b374dd$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:07:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2008 12:38:15 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>I'm not much of a sports fan myself; I like the occasional baseball game
>>and occasionally watch football (not US football, real football - what
>>we Americans call "Soccer") when the mood strikes us.
>
> A couple of years ago I went to Pittsburgh for work and was given the
> opportunity to go to a baseball game. Povray won, hands down :)

At least it wasn't Cricket. ;-)

> The last soccer game I went to (20 years ago) I took a book and my
> walkman.

Granted, for me, when I used to go to basketball games, it was typically
box seats with a vendor or my employer (before the gift policy changed
and the employer got rid of the box), so for me it was more about talking
with coworkers and eating the free food (and the free drink).

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:07:16 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
> > On 13 Feb 2008 12:38:15 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm not much of a sports fan myself; I like the occasional baseball game
> >>and occasionally watch football (not US football, real football - what
> >>we Americans call "Soccer") when the mood strikes us.
> >
> > A couple of years ago I went to Pittsburgh for work and was given the
> > opportunity to go to a baseball game. Povray won, hands down :)
>
> At least it wasn't Cricket. ;-)
>
> > The last soccer game I went to (20 years ago) I took a book and my
> > walkman.
>
> Granted, for me, when I used to go to basketball games, it was typically
> box seats with a vendor or my employer (before the gift policy changed
> and the employer got rid of the box), so for me it was more about talking
> with coworkers and eating the free food (and the free drink).
>
> Jim

Sports:
Non-enthusiasts show a sign of intelligence.

Basketball:
Pituitary cases trying to prove who's better.

Negative Ego:
Self-importance to the harm of others
Superiority trips are the essence of competition
Needing guarantees before giving anything worthwhile

I'd go on, but every time I try to explain this, I want to peeeeuuuwk.

It is so easy to think the intelligent thing to do is give up on this world and
die. But not everyone is like that. Only the mentally challenged publicly
exhibit such negative traits.

I believe if only everyone had my education, those who couldn't grasp such would
be few. I also think of pointing a finger but then I have to point to myself.
I'll give up when I leave.

aQ

Post a reply to this message