POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Music selection (Message 152 to 161 of 241)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Music selection
Date: 6 Feb 2008 11:51:18
Message: <47a9e586@news.povray.org>
news:47a98896$1@news.povray.org...

You're just slightly out of date.

> And then, about 4 years ago, I purchased the newest car that anybody I
> know has ever had. It was 3 years old. It's so new, in fact, that it has
> *metalic* paint. And electric windows. And power steering. And ABS. It
> even has *air bags*.

The car I have now has metallic paint, power steering, electric windows,
ABS. It's close on 11 years old.
It doesn't have airbags though.

> As far as music goes, most cars come with an AM radio. With mechanical
> tuning buttons. (You know, "radio buttons"?)

Haven't seen one of those for a couple of decades. Haven't seen a radio
without FM for even longer.

> If you're lucky they have
> FM as well. And if it's a really expensive car, there might be a tape
> deck. My current car is unique in that it can play *CDs*. In fact, it
> has a *six* disk changer in the boot. Advanced!

Unique? I bought my car (2nd hand) 6 years ago and it had a 6 CD changer in
the boot, FM radio, tape deck. The car I sold at that time had a 4 CD
changer under the driver's seat, tape deck, FM and AM radio and it had had
that for around 4 years.

Most cars don't have tape decks any more. Who sells tapes these days?

> Sure, I know there are absurdly rich people who can afford expensive
> shiny cars that have all sorts of electronic gizmos in them. But
> seriously, normal people don't have that kind of money...

Ever heard of a loan? Very few people buy cars outright. Most people take
loans from the bank and repay over 3-5 years. I paid off my car (R80 000) in
3 years. Think I was paying around R3500 - R4000 per month. (do the
conversions yourself.).

Post a reply to this message