POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell goodies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell goodies (Message 63 to 72 of 102)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Haskell goodies
Date: 31 Jan 2008 04:02:53
Message: <47a18ebd$1@news.povray.org>
> (my point being that Andy
> thinks he sucks at things he's never tried, and if that's the criteria,
> then we all suck at even more things <g>)

By that definition, I suck at sex.

Which may or may not be true, IDK.

(Hmm... maybe "suck" is the wrong term...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jan 2008 04:13:26
Message: <5943q31qthvbf8bb85jafb6qaqb4ak60nm@4ax.com>
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:02:52 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>> (my point being that Andy
>> thinks he sucks at things he's never tried, and if that's the criteria,
>> then we all suck at even more things <g>)
>
>By that definition, I suck at sex.
>
>Which may or may not be true, IDK.
>
>(Hmm... maybe "suck" is the wrong term...)

At least you've still got your humour :)

Keep it up.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 31 Jan 2008 04:17:59
Message: <47a19247$1@news.povray.org>

> andrel wrote:
>> You mean that there are no dialects in France?
>
> This is France, where they have government departments to outlaw saying
> things like "le weekend". ;-)

With a rather limited success, I should say :-D

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 31 Jan 2008 04:33:10
Message: <47a195d6$1@news.povray.org>

> Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

>> and none of the numerous variants in English :-)
>

> with "May" in English (altho of course without the long trailing off "y"

> had to cheat to get D's in French class. Altho, surprisingly, I did
> fairly well when I spent a month in Paris. Overall strange.

probably miss a good amount of nuance in my english pronunciation...

You can get away with "mistakes" like that pretty easily in everyday
life, though. Overall I think French is fairly forgiving on vowels
compared to English.

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message