POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspiration and/or coincidence Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Inspiration and/or coincidence (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Inspiration and/or coincidence
Date: 26 Jan 2008 17:32:16
Message: <479bb4f0$1@news.povray.org>

>> Also interesting, this commercial for the beer Miller Lite
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EUGhnQ8Cjk
>
> you know, I really hate youtube.  If you don't have a Flash player, you get
> squat, not even some hidden link to the video somewhere in the html.

http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/youtube.php?video_id=9EUGhnQ8Cjk

I had to tweak the regex a bit before posting, seems they changed things
on the site...

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Jan 2008 18:20:42
Message: <479bc04a$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:05:33 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:57:37 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>>
>> > hmm, isn't that true? :D
>> >
>> > Kings were toothpaste!
>>
>> Religion = beer. :)
>
> I thought Religion = opium... ;)

Well, possibly; I was just going with the items that were listed. :-)

Mmmmm, beer....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 26 Jan 2008 18:45:27
Message: <479bc617@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
 > A Bryce user recreated my Wet Bird image from scratch:
 > http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/...

 From the link:
 > Some time ago I came across a photo on Google that I loved and
 > thought it would make a great project to try and recreate the
 > scene in Bryce.  A few days into working on it I visited the web
 > site on the image and was amazed to find that it wasn't a photo at
 > all but CG made in Povray.

That guy is a d*ck. Neither "wasn't a photo" nor "cg" nor "made in
Povray" is completely accurate. This isn't a criticism of your picture
(you are very clear about the methods used on your site), but of
johnyf's inference that he "recreat(ed) the scene in Bryce."

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

>  > A Bryce user recreated my Wet Bird image from scratch:
>  > http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/...
>
>  From the link:
>  > Some time ago I came across a photo on Google that I loved and
>  > thought it would make a great project to try and recreate the
>  > scene in Bryce.  A few days into working on it I visited the web
>  > site on the image and was amazed to find that it wasn't a photo at
>  > all but CG made in Povray.
>
> That guy is a d*ck. Neither "wasn't a photo" nor "cg" nor "made in
> Povray" is completely accurate.

what's the problem with the guy's description of how it happened?  That work can
indeed be thought to be a photo.  And it is in fact Computer Graphics.  Rendered
with Povray.  What exactly is wrong?

Post a reply to this message