POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bored? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Bored? (Message 6 to 15 of 25)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Bored?
Date: 9 Jan 2008 15:06:48
Message: <47852958@news.povray.org>
"Invisible" wrote:
> Try staring cross-eyed at this image for a while...

Nice, though I prefer looking at it cock-eyed ("parallel eyed") to make the
motive stand out rather than being sunken in.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 9 Jan 2008 17:26:25
Message: <47854a11$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> I dunno what to say...
>
> Just the other day I found a site that had a similar example ... When
> did you discover this (or the program to create this?)

I wrote the program that generates these just a few minutes before
posting. Usually I make them by hand, but today I couldn't be bothered,
so I threw something together in Haskell...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Nice, though I prefer looking at it cock-eyed ("parallel eyed") to make the
> motive stand out rather than being sunken in.

OK. It's quite easy for me to reverse the depth map, so maybe I'll post
another one soon...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Try staring cross-eyed at this image for a while...

Now try to somehow incorporate the actual transcendental sequence into it :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

>> Nice, though I prefer looking at it cock-eyed ("parallel eyed") to make
>> the motive stand out rather than being sunken in.
>
> OK. It's quite easy for me to reverse the depth map, so maybe I'll post
> another one soon...

Well, my point was that I liked it as it was, though I was using it a
different way than intended. :)

Rune
--
http://runevision.com