POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Password fun Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Password fun (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Password fun
Date: 8 Jan 2008 14:30:55
Message: <4783cf6f$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> rebooting from scratch, and crossing their fingers in the hopes
> everything comes back on.

FWIW, it's known that this simply would not work for the phone system,
at least as implemented in the USA. A new phone switch coming up looks
to its peers for configuration, and there's no way to put configuration
into it otherwise at this point.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

>> rebooting from scratch, and crossing their fingers in the hopes
>> everything comes back on.
>
> FWIW, it's known that this simply would not work for the phone system,
> at least as implemented in the USA. A new phone switch coming up looks
> to its peers for configuration, and there's no way to put configuration
> into it otherwise at this point.

Wow. So what would happen on a power outage along with total failure of
their backups? (not data backups; I mean UPSs and stuff)

Post a reply to this message