POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LOL^2 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  LOL^2 (Message 31 to 34 of 34)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: LOL^2
Date: 8 Jan 2008 23:31:06
Message: <47844e0a@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> The worst virus out there are made to target one or only a few
> companies.

I am still surprised that I never saw (say) the DBase company get in
trouble for writing a virus that only messed up FoxBase data files or
something. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 04:15:00
Message: <47849094$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> [Ooo... the thought of 50 machines all trying to hit the same server
>> onc per second over a 2 MB Internet link... that's not even funny.]
>
> What? You *aren't* using a proxy so that the updates are only downloaded
> once from the AV site and then transferred only via LAN??

Not yet, no. (Requires a newer version of Windows on the server.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/