POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I met someone famous today Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  I met someone famous today (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: I met someone famous today
Date: 4 Jan 2008 16:05:09
Message: <477e9f85$1@news.povray.org>
Shortly after classes ended at the school whereat I work (I teach
computer literacy), I was called to the front office to have my picture
taken for a video being produced for the school.

While I and a few other teachers were loitering around the front
entrance, a fellow named Mr. Morse came in with a guest.  Mr. Morse is
the guy who runs the company that built the Villages, which is a
retirement community of about 68000 people here in central Florida.

The guest was Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida and brother to the
current president.

I got to shake hands with him, and our group picture included him.

The surprising part was that there was no security detail with him.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The surprising part was that there was no security detail with him.

it's a clone.  quite handy for occasions like that... :)

Post a reply to this message

> The guest was Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida and brother to the
> current president.
>
> I got to shake hands with him, and our group picture included him.

When I meet someone famous, I act as if I don't recognize him/her. I
find pleasure in that :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> When I meet someone famous, I act as if I don't recognize him/her. I find
> pleasure in that :)

If they're sufficiently famous, they probably do too. Win-win situation!

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

>> When I meet someone famous, I act as if I don't recognize him/her. I find
>> pleasure in that :)
>
> If they're sufficiently famous, they probably do too. Win-win situation!

When I met Stephen R Donaldson, I was depressingly vapid :(

I think there's a switch in the brain that shuts it down when things
like this happen.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

> > The guest was Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida and brother to the

> > current president.
> >
> > I got to shake hands with him, and our group picture included him.
>
> When I meet someone famous, I act as if I don't recognize him/her. I
> find pleasure in that :)
>
> Sam

I just want to meet the guy that plays House, so I can make the joke,
"Heh, I know you. Roan Atkins right?"

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {