POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
16 Oct 2024 11:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Most incomprehensible films ever (Message 59 to 68 of 278)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
Date: 4 Jan 2008 14:46:15
Message: <477e8d07$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> The problem is, I watched this thing, and it just seemed to be a fairly
> random assemblage of different images with no obvious connection or
> meaning.

Much of it was, actually. The main point was to demonstrate special
effects. The plot was secondary. That's why they spend so long on things
like showing space ships coming over the horizon (first matte painting),
pens floating in air, jogging around the inside of a centrifuge, and so on.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message