POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Most incomprehensible films ever (Message 41 to 50 of 278)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
Date: 4 Jan 2008 12:05:01
Message: <web.477e66328e000fee773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Phil Cook wrote:
> > Yeah see Andrew, duh it's obviously an allegory for the life cycle. :-P
>
> In seriousness for a moment...

it is:  unknown intelligent race devises a device (monolith) to spread
intelligent life in the galaxy.  One of them ends up on Earth where it
instigates apes to become the dominant life form on the planet.  They
eventually get to a level of sophistication that allows them to travel through
space and reach the moon where the beacon monolith warns the creators that the
new intelligent species are now able to contact.  One of the species come in
contact with the portal monolith and trips over to unknown place where it lives
for the rest of his life.  When of old, at death bed he figures out the purpose
of the monolith, represented as a baby in gestation.

Post a reply to this message