POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestions: Text editors (Message 1 to 10 of 58)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Suggestions: Text editors
Date: 31 Dec 2007 10:21:26
Message: <477908f6$1@news.povray.org>
I used to use Notepad to write everything. As some of you might know,
Notepad sucks.

Then I started using SciTE to write everything. It's available on
Windoze and Linux, and works quite nicely. Only real program is that
it's a nightmare to configure it properly. You have to edit a 400-line
configuration file, and most of the options are quite poorly documented.

Does anybody have a better suggestion for text editors that work on Windoze?

NB. "Emacs" is an operating system, not a text editor. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/