POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Another physical puzzle (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Darren New
Subject: Another physical puzzle
Date: 1 Jan 2008 19:13:32
Message: <477ad72c$1@news.povray.org>
You are sitting in a canoe, in a swimming pool, holding a cannon ball in
your lap. You throw the cannonball overboard, and it sinks to the
bottom. Does the level of water in the pool go up, go down, or stay the
same?

(I've asked this of probably a dozen or more scuba dive instructors, and
only one has gotten it right. The reasoning behind the correct answer is
obvious once you hear it. I don't remember if I got it right when I
heard it.)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

Is the canoe traveling near the speed of light?

Post a reply to this message