POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : eclipse... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  eclipse... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ross
Subject: eclipse...
Date: 21 Dec 2007 12:39:51
Message: <476bfa67@news.povray.org>
it is killing me right now.

Trying to install a pluging, and it says some dependency is not met. Doesn't
say where to get that package. I mus tbe missing something, I can't imagine
it would be such a popular IDE and be *this* clunky. I also can't believe it
doesn't handle JSP syntax highlighting and indenting "out of the box".
Again, I must be missing something...

/end rant

Post a reply to this message

> Trying to install a pluging, and it says some dependency is not met. Doesn't
> say where to get that package. I mus tbe missing something, I can't imagine
> it would be such a popular IDE and be *this* clunky. I also can't believe it
> doesn't handle JSP syntax highlighting and indenting "out of the box".
> Again, I must be missing something...

Click "Select required". The GUI will hang completely (I think it's
doing network access on the GUI thread), then it will come back and you
*might* have the dependencies selected.

Post a reply to this message

"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>> it is killing me right now.
>>
>> Trying to install a pluging, and it says some dependency is not met.
>> Doesn't say where to get that package. I mus tbe missing something, I
>> can't imagine it would be such a popular IDE and be *this* clunky. I also
>> can't believe it doesn't handle JSP syntax highlighting and indenting
>> "out of the box". Again, I must be missing something...
>>

> Click "Select required". The GUI will hang completely (I think it's doing
> network access on the GUI thread), then it will come back and you *might*
> have the dependencies selected.

It's hard to tell if "select required" is doing anything. the "back"
"forward" and "finish" buttons are all disabled, while i can still click on
the buttons on the right like "deselect all". It isn't hung... i'd almost
prefer that it would be hung.

thanks for the tips. i'l ltry this on the "europa" version next... right now
i'm trying on 3.2