POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why??? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Why??? (Message 31 to 33 of 33)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: Why???
Date: 10 Dec 2007 08:30:17
Message: <475d3f69@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:48:12 -0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
> spake, saying:
>
>> I'll never be able to find the link now, but there was one company who
>> phoned up some web design consultants and said they wanted them to
>> build a website that shows DVD-quality fullscreen video but loads in
>> under 1 second on a 56k modem.
>
> http://clientcopia.com/quotes.php?id=15 perhaps.

Yeah. That one.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 10 Dec 2007 15:32:17
Message: <475da251@news.povray.org>
Update:

2/3 of the change was pulled out on friday night, due to bugs. Some more was
pulled out on sunday when it didn't work right.

And business people were demanding (and getting) changes made to the spec
(and to the code) right up to and after the time it was deployed.

*sigh* I dunno why I bother....

Post a reply to this message

> 2/3 of the change was pulled out on friday night, due to bugs. Some more
> was pulled out on sunday when it didn't work right.
>
> And business people were demanding (and getting) changes made to the spec
> (and to the code) right up to and after the time it was deployed.
>
> *sigh* I dunno why I bother....

Teehee - we don't work at nearly the same scale that you apparently do, but
this is about par for the course.

Boss: "I PROMISE this is the spec, the only spec and nothing but the
spec..."

Client: "Hey! I saw this somewhere else, and it would be so cool if..."

You know the rest.
--
Stefan