POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Remixes Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Remixes (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: Remixes
Date: 14 Nov 2007 06:36:49
Message: <473addd1$1@news.povray.org>
In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
extremely difficult to obtain such material.

Any yet, purchase any CD bearing the title "Ultimate Trance Experience
2007" or similar and roughly 80% of the tracks will be remixes of
remixes of reworkings of remixes of older tracks. So clearly *somebody*
knows how to get hold of this material...

Post a reply to this message

> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
> unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
> extremely difficult to obtain such material.

Ask the owner of the original track?

Post a reply to this message

> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
> unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
> extremely difficult to obtain such material.

  I assume that two choices:

1) You ask for the original tracks (and pay for the rights to use them
or whatever).

2) You simply replicate the original from scratch.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
>> unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
>> extremely difficult to obtain such material.
>
>  I assume that two choices:
>
> 1) You ask for the original tracks (and pay for the rights to use them
> or whatever).
>
> 2) You simply replicate the original from scratch.
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp

3) You take only instrumental parts of the original piece, some bars of
lyrics, copy and paste, edit and loop and add stuff on your own tracks.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

>> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
>> unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
>> extremely difficult to obtain such material.
>
> Ask the owner of the original track?

Well OK, let me put it this way... If *I* ask the owner of the original
track for the unmixed elements, they're going to tell me to naff off.
(Or, more likely, ignore me completely.) So what do all these other
people have that I don't?

Post a reply to this message

> Well OK, let me put it this way... If *I* ask the owner of the original
> track for the unmixed elements, they're going to tell me to naff off. (Or,
> more likely, ignore me completely.) So what do all these other people have
> that I don't?

Starts with an M, ends with a Y.

G.

Post a reply to this message

"M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> 473ae45b@news.povray.org...
> > Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original
> >> unmixed elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem
> >> extremely difficult to obtain such material.
> >
> >  I assume that two choices:
> >
> > 1) You ask for the original tracks (and pay for the rights to use them
> > or whatever).
> >
> > 2) You simply replicate the original from scratch.
> >
> > --
> >                                                          - Warp
>
> 3) You take only instrumental parts of the original piece, some bars of
> lyrics, copy and paste, edit and loop and add stuff on your own tracks.
>
> Marc

4) You learn music and instruments, replay the track with friends and record it
yourself ...

B.

Post a reply to this message

> In order to remix a track, you must (usually) possess the original unmixed
> elements. But how on earth do you get those? It would seem extremely
> difficult to obtain such material.
>
> Any yet, purchase any CD bearing the title "Ultimate Trance Experience
> 2007" or similar and roughly 80% of the tracks will be remixes of remixes
> of reworkings of remixes of older tracks. So clearly *somebody* knows how
> to get hold of this material...

You might like to try out averaging the L+R tracks and see what you get.  Or
taking the difference.  Often it has the effect of doing some nice selective
filtering...

Post a reply to this message

Bruno Cabasson <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
> > > 2) You simply replicate the original from scratch.

> 4) You learn music and instruments, replay the track with friends and record it
> yourself ...

  Aren't those two the same thing?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > Well OK, let me put it this way... If *I* ask the owner of the original
> > track for the unmixed elements, they're going to tell me to naff off. (Or,
> > more likely, ignore me completely.) So what do all these other people have
> > that I don't?
>
> Starts with an M, ends with a Y.
>
> G.

Let me see ... a MONKEY perhaps?