POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other rant that amused me recently Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  The other rant that amused me recently (Message 21 to 21 of 21)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The other rant that amused me recently
Date: 2 Nov 2007 19:16:19
Message: <472bbdd3@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The question is not whether the language has direct support for
> something specific but if offers you the tools to transparently change
> the implementation of such a data container in such way if needed
> (including things not directly supported by the compiler).

Yeah, Ada does that too, of course.   I'm just pointing out it has a
bunch of *other* stuff *also* built in.  Like, most of the kinds of
things you'd want to do to drive hardware, handle realtime needs, catch
interrupts, pack bits, use funky size memory bandwidths, replace running
code without stopping what you're doing, multithreading, mapping
variables to specific memory locations, handling multi-processor issues
like atomicity and volitility, and all that sort of stuff, in a
standardized way you can rely on.

Of course Ada has encapsulation. Better than C++'s, even.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we