POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just an observation Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Just an observation (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Just an observation
Date: 21 Oct 2007 14:06:40
Message: <471b9530@news.povray.org>
news:471b8637$1@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> >> Hmm. I'm still loving the whole concept of "hey, let's design a brand
> >> new programming language and make it superficially look exactly like an
> >> existing one even though it actually works radically differently..."
> >
> > Whick language are you talking about? C# or Java?
>
> Java was designed to look like C++. (So I'm told.)

Well, yeah. It's a C-like language (as opposed to a pascal-like language or
basic-like language)

In other words, blocks are delimited with {}, semicolons are needed at the
end of lines, the language is case sensitive, data types preceed variable
names and a few other rules

I doubt anyone with more than a passing familiarity with C/C++ and java will
mix them up. (if there's more than a couple lines of code present that it)

Is a good thing, I think. Makes learning the language easier for anyone with
experience with another C-like language as you don't have to worry about the
high-level language structure and can focus on the important stuff.

I'd hate to go back to any form of basic now. I'd be scattering semicolons
and curly brackets all over the place

Post a reply to this message