POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bizarre Zazzle issue Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Bizarre Zazzle issue (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Bizarre Zazzle issue
Date: 28 Sep 2007 10:12:27
Message: <46fd0bcb@news.povray.org>
This might be of interest to people here.

I recently tried to upgrade my Zazzle account to browse R-rated content
(and, more crucially, so that I can publish R-rated content - I have a
couple of likely Daz Aiko-based POV-Ray images to be specific). The
credit card age verification (a $0.01 charge that is never claimed)
failed on every try, and the Zazzle support guys said they can't help
me; it must be my credit card at fault.

I contacted my credit card company, and the nice lady at customer
services told me the verification didn't go through because the
transaction of USD 0.01 was appearing as GBP 0.00 at their end. Now, in
the last couple of months, the exchange rate has risen above 2 dollars
to the pound. It appears (to me) that the $0.01 charge has begun to be
rounded down to zero for UK credit cards - which means in theory that
anybody from the UK attempting this procedure will be rejected.

Does this sound credible? Or creditable, if you excuse the pun?

I have written to Zazzle's support people to inform them of my discovery
and resultant theory. I await their reply with interest...

Bill

Post a reply to this message

"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> This might be of interest to people here.
>
> I recently tried to upgrade my Zazzle account to browse R-rated content
> (and, more crucially, so that I can publish R-rated content - I have a
> couple of likely Daz Aiko-based POV-Ray images to be specific). The
> credit card age verification (a $0.01 charge that is never claimed)
> failed on every try, and the Zazzle support guys said they can't help
> me; it must be my credit card at fault.
>
> I contacted my credit card company, and the nice lady at customer
> services told me the verification didn't go through because the
> transaction of USD 0.01 was appearing as GBP 0.00 at their end. Now, in
> the last couple of months, the exchange rate has risen above 2 dollars
> to the pound. It appears (to me) that the $0.01 charge has begun to be
> rounded down to zero for UK credit cards - which means in theory that
> anybody from the UK attempting this procedure will be rejected.
>
> Does this sound credible? Or creditable, if you excuse the pun?
>
> I have written to Zazzle's support people to inform them of my discovery
> and resultant theory. I await their reply with interest...
>
> Bill

I'd buy that explanation for a dollar. or whatever the current rate of
exchange is.