POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pssst Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Pssst (Message 39 to 48 of 68)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Pssst
Date: 30 Sep 2007 17:26:34
Message: <4700148a$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:51:05 +0100, Orchid XP v3 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>>> Death by sex, anyone?
>>
>> Ah, so you've seen Monty Python's "Meaning of Life", have you? ;-)
>
> Um... yes I have, but I fail to see the relevance...

Part VII.  The opening is not really death by sex, but that was the image
that was evoked by your comment. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 30 Sep 2007 18:06:43
Message: <47001df3@news.povray.org>
> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>
>> You can avoid dying of old age by getting killed by something else -
>> like traffic accident or a football huligan.
>
> Death by sex, anyone?

     What does 'sex' mean??!!

        ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 30 Sep 2007 19:14:04
Message: <47002dbc@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>      What does 'sex' mean??!!

  It's something everybody else is doing.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Sep 2007 19:49:36
Message: <47003610$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:06:35 +0100, St. wrote:

> "Orchid XP v3" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>>
>>> You can avoid dying of old age by getting killed by something else -
>>> like traffic accident or a football huligan.
>>
>> Death by sex, anyone?
>
>      What does 'sex' mean??!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sex

HTH, HAND.... ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 1 Oct 2007 01:30:32
Message: <470085f8@news.povray.org>

> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>      What does 'sex' mean??!!
>
>   It's something everybody else is doing.

Perfect definition.

Post a reply to this message

From: Brian Elliott
Date: 1 Oct 2007 05:09:29
Message: <4700b949@news.povray.org>
> Eero Ahonen wrote:
>
>> You can avoid dying of old age by getting killed by something else -
>> like traffic accident or a football huligan.
>
> Death by sex, anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antechinus
http://www.museum.vic.gov.au/forest/animals/antechinus.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Thanks!
Date: 1 Oct 2007 05:45:18
Message: <4700c1ae$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:26:16 +0100, Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> "Listen three eyes, don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than
>> you free with my breakfast cereal."
>
> One of my favourite lines of all time.  :-)
>
> "You ain't seen nothin' yet - I can take this floor out, too, no problem!"

"What a depressingly stupid machine."

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Oct 2007 05:48:31
Message: <4700c26f$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:34:24 +0100, Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> "Life is wasted on the living" - Zaphod Beeblebrox IV
>> "Very good. Very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes in
>> my heads."
>
> "So you see young Zaphod, when thinking of ways to describe what you are
> making of your life, I find the prhase 'pig's ear' tends to spring to
> mind."

"Um, ah, where was I?"
"Pontificating."
"Ah, yes."

> Been listening to it in the car - again - the last few weeks.

I must have listened to them a hundred times. I especially like the
secondary phase because it has so many plot elements that have never
been reused anywhere else, so it always feels really fresh.

"How did you nutters get in here?"
"Well, what it is, you see, is, well, we flew in. Yes, definitely, we
flew in."
"Well, bloody fly out again."

:)

Post a reply to this message